Kennedy Children’s Center (KCC) is dedicated to providing high quality education services to young children with developmental delays in partnership with families and communities.
We accomplish this through child-centered, evidence-based instruction that prepares each student to enter the New York City public school system in the least restrictive environment possible. In addition, we seek to support families with training, guidance and advocacy, and strengthen our school community through professional development and collaborations with local human service organizations.
As a publicly funded nonprofit organization, KCC serves public school children who are placed in our program by their local New York City Department of Education school districts. KCC is:
• Approved by New York State Education Department (NYSED) as a Special Education Preschool.
• Approved by New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYCDOHMH) as a Day Care provider.
• Incorporated in New York State and registered as a 501c3 charitable organization with the IRS.
• Accredited by the Better Business Bureau through the BBB Accredited Charity Seal program
• An affiliated agency of Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of New York.
KCC’s services are offered free of charge to all eligible families. Our programs include special education preschool; related therapy services (including speech, occupational and physical therapy); comprehensive evaluations in English and Spanish; family support and Medicaid service coordination.
We reach over 800 children ages 3-5 annually through these programs, which operate at our sites in Manhattan and the Bronx. We serve a diverse range of New York’s preschoolers: 53% of our students are Latino/a and 15% are African American. In addition, 31% of our students are bilingual. Among the preschoolers at KCSC, over 85% qualify for Free or Reduced Price Lunch.